One of the problems that we hear recurrently among our clients and followers is the weakness that they find in their nails after repeated use of permanent polishes, gels or acrylics, something that is not striking to us since the application of this type of products usually requires the polishing of the nail plate, with the aim of making it more porous and that the products applied later have a greater adhesion, generating a loss of thickness of the same.
In addition, for subsequent removal, this filing is often necessary again, together with the use of products with acetone in high concentrations. The sum of these forms of application and removal: fragile nails that break easily, yellowish spots on the surface, infections and reactions to the components of these products and, even, inflammation of the cuticle and surrounding skin.
What to do when we find this panorama in our hands? How can we keep our nails looking good and natural?
At HandMade Beauty we have all the necessary tools not only to revitalize the nails, but for all those who want to show off well-cared and natural hands and nails, with a quality treatment and without the need for subsequent color.
- Nourish in depth. From the cuticles to the tips of the nails, we need to feed them with quality ingredients to restore their vitality. At HandMade Beauty we have the precious Biphasic Oil, a formula based on oils and vegetable extracts such as rice, oats, millet, pomegranate and wheat germ that, in addition to pampering your cuticles, gives off a delicious sweet aroma. A treatment that allows us to use it daily and progressively repair this area of our hands so prone to inflammation and / or wounds.
- Cut the nails and file them gently. Short nails with rounded edges will prevent unwanted bumps and snags. In addition, the use of a biodegradable file, always used in the same direction, will leave our nails regular and smooth.
- Apply a treatment according to the most outstanding problem. At HandMade Beauty we always emphasize the use of a treatment base adapted to the current state of our nails. All our formulas are enriched with minerals such as organic silicon, in addition to dispensing with components whose repeated use can alter health. Both components will provide strength and resistance to our nails. Each of the bases developed in HandMade Beauty solves a problem and fulfills a specific function. Do you need to remove a yellowing? Our Whitening Base You will achieve that illuminating effect on the nails so desired in these cases. Do you suffer from loss of thickness in your nails or dehydration? We recommend you get our Hardening Base o Moisturizing Base, where aloe vera and bamboo have a lot to say. And if what resists you is the uniformity in the nail plate, the nylon fibers of our Smoothing Base, they will help you fill in all those spaces that impede the balance in the enamel or the regular appearance.
- Yeast infections? We already have with us our wonderful Antifungal, a product developed for use at home when fungi make an appearance on our nails. Apply it with the help of your brush where the infection is regularly and get rid of them without suffering.
- Keep the skin hydrated. Hydration, that fundamental gesture in every self-respecting routine, yes, also in hands and nails, sometimes great forgotten in our rituals. The Nourishing Balm It is a dense, nutritious formula, full of moisturizing and healing agents such as arnica, coconut and cocoa butters or shea, which can be easily carried in your bag ... and be careful not to let them disappear in the hands of our friends! For something lighter, for continuous use, the Hand Cream, with aloe vera and rosehip, as well as phytoplankton, it will provide us with the necessary regular hydration, in addition to keeping our skin protected against spots, tone changes and general aging, with immediate absorption.
All these gestures will allow the nails to rest and recover at a good pace, without sacrificing being able to show them perfectly cared for, something that provides security and self-confidence, as well as being a symbol of self-love.